Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Adware, spyware, and trojans

From: aanet <rook () aanet ru>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:31:41 +0300

Hello Courtney,

Friday, December 06, 2002, 19:48:57, you wrote:

CC> 1.  What's the distinction between spyware, adware, and trojan
CC> software?  (My antivirus software says it protects against Trojans,
CC> and I've seen programs like SubSeven in its log files.)
It's simple trojan is a virus. Via it a trojan master can operate with
your computer (like sub7, bo2k) or simply steal a passwords for your
mail/ftp/http access.

SpyWare is a software (usually) which wait a special actions (for
examp. key press, mouse move, filework).

Adware.. hmm.. iam in trouble, because, adware is a special software
for advertising and promotion on shareware busines. But i think in
that book adware is term for backdoor - program which able to stick to
another files.

http://www.google.com/search?q=spyware+removal&lr=

-

--