Security Basics mailing list archives

Need Help

From: tombombadillon () Argentina com
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:48:20 -0300

Hi,

I am in the security area and ?administer? 1200 users in mainframe with
VM/ESA, VSE/ESA, CICS, AS/400,  LAN of 500 PC?s and a Wan of 600, (mix of
Window$ platforms). Now we are connecting the enterprise to internet and
we go to add f4 firewalls, 2 proxy,  2 IDS, 9 Linux, etc (with the risk
this involve)  and I am alone with other guy (but it?s technical knowledge
is lower, hi manage the papers).

What are some good arguments I can use to request for additional personal?
Management don?t understand importance of security. What can I do? This
is a nightmare.

Thanks in advance.

(*) Really the only think I have time to do is reset passwords.

Obtenga gratis su cuenta @Argentina.com con AntiVirus, 20mb de espacio,

acceso POP3 y SMTP en 24 ciudades                     www.Argentina.com