Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Telnet Security Question for a Router.

From: "Eric Schroeder" <ericschroeder () satel com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:51:33 -0700

You can run SSH on some Cisco routers, depending on the software you are
running.  TACACS+ will not cause the telnet session to be encrypted.  We
use terminal servers that support SSH that are plugged into the console
port of the router for some secure customers.

Eric

"Tony Toni" <tony572000 () hotmail com>
12/10/2002 07:45 PM