Security Basics mailing list archives

secure programming

From: Ghaith Nasrawi <libero () aucegypt edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:30:57 +0200

Thanks in advance for any answers;
And to cut it short; my question is

Is there such a tool that could check if this is a secure program by
looking at its binary file (i.e. we don't have the source code). And we
want to check for potential flows without running it. And for those who
are familiar with "lint", we need the same functionality but looking at
the binary code.
Just to remind that we are not looking for viruses, but rather potential
vulnerabilities that could be exploited.

If such tool doesn't exist, any ideas on how to implement one? Should we
disassemble the binary?

RGdS!

G-

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.",
Oscar Wilde