Security Basics mailing list archives

Self Paced Security Training

From: "tony toni" <tony572001 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:12:12 -0800

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good SELF PACED CBT on CD(s) or Web Based Training? I am interested in taking some advanced level security courses on UNIX, Win2k, firewalls, vulnerability assessments, firewalls, networks, etc. I just finished taking the SANs UNIX self paced course.... and my biggest criticism of it was..it was not interactive enough for me. It was like there was this secretary reading off the course material over the internet and you had the same material in a pdf document in front of you. Where is the creativity?...I mean...I can read the PDF document....why do I need her to read it off for me???!!.

I am looking for a training course that is very technical, creative and rich in multimedia training concepts....like little training clips, inactive "labs", cool graphics to explain complex concepts. variety of testing methods, good documentation, etc. I have looked at Global Knowledge and it looks like it might fit the bill...but I am not sure.

Toni CISSP, CPA
Security Services
NW Mutual Banking LTD

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_advancedjmf_3mf