Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Protecting PIX Firewall at the Perimeter Router

From: <rsavage () nandomedia com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:42:19 -0500 (EST)

Yes, snmp for one.  Then you might consider services you don't/won't ever
need to be seen from the internet (like sun rpc services, any type of
network back services, application service ports, etc.)

If you only need something like port 80 open, then map out a way to only
allow that port opened.  You can also build ACLs for other remote networks
to limit who accesses what.

I really can't give you more info since I am not sure what your network
setup is like.

-Rory