Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless security and VPN

From: "Keith T. Morgan" <keith.morgan () terradon com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:11:22 -0500

We've deployed this exact solution for customers, except using IPSEC instead of PPTP.  We always set the client default
route through the VPN.  Also, the firewall/vpn gateway attached to the AP *only* allows authenticated and encrypted
traffic to pass.

IMO, this is the ONLY secure way to deploy wireless.