Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Kerio Personal Firewall

From: "JM" <jm () mindless com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:46:07 -0000

Try fport from foundstone

www.foundstone.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chee%2dHeng Chin" <chchin () iastate edu>
To: <security-basics () securityfocus com>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 6:41 PM
Subject: Kerio Personal Firewall

Hello list,
           I am trying to configure Kerio Personal Firewall and this
firewall
allows me to specify explicitly which service is allowed inbound/outbound
connection thru either TCP/UDP including the exact port numbers and IP
range to
respond to.

My question is: Is there a software/utility that will tell me exactly
which
service/application is currently listening on exactly which TCP/UDP port
number?

"netstat -a" only lists the active listening ports but doesnt tell me
which
service/application is listening on that port for incoming packets.

I would like to "lock down" the server as much as possible by specifying
exactly which port and service a connection is allowed. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

chchin

---