Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Locking Cisco Router

From: "d'Ambly, Jeff" <jdambly () monster com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:54:55 -0500

        I personally don't like the idea of having to pull out the NVRAM.

I would just configure a user mode password for the console and AUX ports.
Any way here are some awesome links on how to secure cisco IOS routers and a
good secure BGP config to boot as well. I would be VERY carefule with these
configs some of the things that it suggests may not fit your network.

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-ios-template.html

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bgp-template.html