Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Part of the web page being MODIFIED !

From: "Johannes Ullrich" <jullrich () euclidian com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:46:46 -0500

I got one serious question that is I received complains regarding one
of the image on my web site has been modified by a PORN picture ! While
the image have resumed normal during the second visit.

Well, one thing I haven't seen mentioned/asked:

is this image hosted locally or included by reference from a different
machine. I had in the past people using sites I administer to 'host'
e-bay graphics (refer to an image stored on my site, that happend to
make a good background for their page and such). A nice way to teach
them is to change the image ;-).

--
jullrich () euclidian com             Collaborative Intrusion Detection
                                         join http://www.dshield.org