Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Monitor

From: "Wolfgang Kirsch" <wolfgang () wkirsch de>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:15:57 +0200

HI Jim,

take a look at the telemetrybox.
You`ll find it on www.telemetrybox.org and there is a place at sourceforge.

The telemetrybox is a fully Debian-based linux-distro with preconfigured
netsaint.
You can run it complete from CD or install it on a harddrive, this takes
about 15 min

Pretty stable, easy to configure and easy to use.
Basic knowledge of netsaint might be usefull, there is plenty of docu on
www.netsaint.org resp. www.nagios.org

BTW: it lies under GPL

regards
Wolfgang Kirsch

                      "James Liddil"

                      <jliddil@phytoceu        To:       <security-basics () securityfocus com>

                      tica.com>                cc:

                                               Subject:  Network Monitor

                      23.10.2002 16:43

I'm a one man IT shop looking for easy to setup and use network traffic
monitoring tool.  W2K network with w2k clients. I'm looking at Big Brother
but I barely have time for lunch let alone reading the archives to figure
out
how to set it up.  So I am looking for a relatively inexpensive product
that
can give me go graphical info on our network.  I want to be able to find an
pinpoint individual machine ip's when I see traffic problems.  TIA.

Jim Liddil