Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Encryption on AIX box...

From: "Kilaru Sambaiah" <sambaiah () antares co in>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:21:08 +0530

We use and encryption software for our Nt based machines (Private
Crypto) but now our developpers are working on Websphere (IBM AIX)
machines. What would be the best encryption software to go with?

Needs to be embedded into programming (with command line interface) to
create EXE files for the end-user at the other end who might be using
Windows or Unix or...

Hi,
   Download openssl. It has fantastic code of all the algorithms and very
modular.
You can also look at cryptopp. I don't have link but do google search.
Cryptopp is C++ based and openssl is C. My hearts to openssl library.
More that that openssl is GPL. Cryptopp is free but I don't remember
license terms.

Sam

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics