Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Virus problem: Hezhi

From: "JAVIER OTERO" <jotero () SMARTEKH com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:09:03 -0500

The problem is detect the source, this virus is in memory and start to infect the files in shared folders.
You can run any AV, clean, clean and clean again, the net has about 1,000 pc, if one is infected this happen again.
We can not eliminate all shared folders, there are some w95 and w98 machines.

Javier Otero
Grupo Smartekh
Antivirus Expertos
Bussiness Continuity