Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: how to hide e-mail header information?

From: Matt Thoene <matt () remedyx com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:27:45 -0700

On Sunday, April 13, 2003 @ 5:08:39 PM [-0700], SB CH wrote:

I use Outlook express for MUA and any receiver from me can know my computer
name and IP address just by clicking right button on my messgae.
So, I would like to hide e-mail header information.
How to hide or inject false information at e-mail header from me.

You mean like a spammer would?  And you're posting from a hotmail
account? Tsk tsk...

--
Matt

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place.  www.blackhat.com