Security Basics mailing list archives

Accessing the File server

From: "Kanwar Sidhu" <Kanwar.Sidhu () anu edu au>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:55:48 +1000

Hi There,
I got file server Red Hat Linux that is accessible only inside from my
organization. I am just wondering is there any kind of secure method so
that people can access files from the outside world without any hitch
with security. I was thinking is there any kind of web interface method
so that people just enter there user names & get access to files. But
this I think will involve running web server which I don't want to do.
Is there any other solution out there ???

Thanks,

Kanwar Sidhu

---