Security Basics mailing list archives

AW: Problems installing Nessus

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:19:18 +0100

i am not a huge proffesional in GUI stuff, but you can have GTK 1 and GTK 2
both installed for programs that use them.

did you try looking for a binary package (RPM) of nessus? I could have sworn
they existed.

(This may be completly unwanted advice, but i recommend against starting
with redhat as a first distro. red hat was my first, and it stunted my linux
growth a LOT. I would seriously recommend trying gentoo from www.gentoo.org.
I did 95% of my linux learning with gentoo in 2 months compared to 5% with
red hat in 12 months. Gentoo will take you longer - if you are doing it at
home probably a week - to get everything working, but trust me, you will
learn much much more that will help you on the linux road... Just my 2/25 of
a quarter...)

badenIT GmbH
System Support

Chris Meidinger
Tullastrasse 70
79108 Freiburg

Es gibt 10 arten von Menschen auf dem Planeten,
welche die Binär verstehen, und welche die es nicht tun.