Security Basics mailing list archives

Fw: Securing Web access from internet

From: "Chris" <cstubbs () tampabay rr com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:31:56 -0400

Bob,

    I just went through the same situation. There is an easy answer for you
if you are running a Cisco router on your perimeter.

    Use IP Authentication Proxy. All you have to do is download the crypto
image of the latest IOS from Cisco and apply it to your router and then
configure IP AUTH-PROXY. The second step is to authenticate this off of a
TACACS+ or RADIUS database. I highly recommend TACACS+ (Cisco ACS server)
because the whole transaction will be encrypted.

    Make all of your users go to the web server via HTTPS. This will cause
everything to be encrypted throughout the entire transaction, its briliant.

Let me know if you need more info?