Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Question for all

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:12:58 -0700

From: "Bob Walker" <bobwalker8 () comcast net>
While I am a huge fan of the msconfig utility in windows machines, it
doesn't work in win2k.  Doesn't even exist.  My advice would be to go
the safe mode route, as you suggested.  Another possible avenue (for
advanced users only though), would be to go to administrative tools,
computer management, and remove the offending service there.

Bob

You can intall the XP version and it works fine. Also you can add a control applet called startup control, or use a program called regcleaner which also has a startup panel.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Q: How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: It can't be done; it's a hardware problem."