Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ssh login protection

From: LordInfidel <LordInfidel () Directionweb com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:10:19 -0500

amongst some of the other suggestions that have been brought up.

Install and configure FreeS/Wan to accept road-warrior connections.
Once your connected to it over the vpn and get a pvt IP address from the
box,
you can easily ssh into the box over the vpn.

As long as you put in your hosts.allow file the ip of the pvt address, you
will
be good to go.

Then you do not have to rely on third parties for your connections or
potential
key compromises.

JMO

LordInfidel