Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Vulnerability Assessment Checklists?

From: Random Task <rand0m_t4sk () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:53:42 -0800 (PST)

I've been reviewing this recently, as I am in a similar situation to
Kim (though I am paid and work with more experienced guys.) So far it
seems fairly logical, but I'm not very far through it. I would like
to know this, though: of those pen-testers out there who follow the
OSSTMM, either strictly or loosely, has it helped your performance?
Has it helped you to catch items you would/might have otherwise
missed? Have you seen it worthwhile to become a member of ISECOM? Why
or why not?

Thanks,

random task

(Lachlan, sorry for that lone direct reply...*grumbles at reply
functionality for the list*)

--- "McGill, Lachlan" <mcgilll1 () anz com> wrote:
Try the following link for the Open Source Security Testing
Methodology manual:

http://www.isecom.org/projects/osstmm.shtml