Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: eTrust Inoculate 7.0 SP1 problems

From: SMiller () unimin com
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:08:43 -0500

What is your program version?  I just put up SP1 on my ws and am at
7.0.142.  I am a bit unhappy with CA that the download page for v7 does not
appear on the web site menus - I had to do a site search to find it.  If
you are at SP1 I can at least assure you that it is not the SP causing the
problem, because we recently encountered a very similar scenario on a Win2K
Server machine without the pack (v 7.0.139, I believe).  Unfortunately site
management chose to remedy this by removing the product.  Would you be so
kind as to email and/or post the solution, should you find one, and I will
do the same?  Thanks.

Scott

                      "Joseph Blade"

                      <jblade27@comcast        To:       <security-basics () securityfocus com>

                      .net>                    cc:

                                               Fax to:

                      12/08/2003 04:56         Subject:  eTrust Inoculate 7.0 SP1 problems

                      PM

I have inherited a situation with an eTrust Inoculate 7.0 that
has all the latest real-time driver updates, and I am at a lost.

On the file server with the real-time scanner running set to outgoing
and incoming scanning, with either the InoculateIT or Vet engine
running,
Accessing documents from a workstation will cause the process to hang
for 1 to 2 minutes, then timeout with a file no longer available message
or the file has been corrupted.  When scanning engines are disables life

is good.  Looking at the engine settings there is nothing to tweak.

The server is win2k SP4 with all the latest security patches. Any idea?

In case I forget, thanks for all your responses.

Regards,

Joseph Blade
jblade27 () comcast net