Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: compromised network

From: "JM" <jm () mindless com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:33:12 -0000

The only way to be 100% is to completely start from scratch again.

Not the ideal solution I know, but then you can be confident that everything
is clean.

If this is not an option, scan for viruses, malware, adware, trojans etc.
But if I had a good backup, I would start again.

Do you know how everything got compromised?  When starting again, make sure
you don't make the same mistakes.  i.e. turn off that ms ftp server!