Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IP Spoofing??

From: "Gavin Zuchlinski" <gzuchlinski () pgsit org>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:04:37 -0500

Hi,
As a load of people from the list probably already told you, spoofing an IP
in this case would be a lot of work and probably not work out too well.

Another option though: is there something specific you want to exploit? If
you can insert whatever HTML and scripting you want as the client (and
therefore as their IP :-), it might be possible to submit a form changing
the user's password or similar.
I wrote a paper a while back which might help you a little in your research,
http://libox.net/xss.php .

-Gavin
http://libox.net/