Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Unwanted programs on Win2K

From: James Kelly <jim () essistants com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 20:02:13 -0500

Just for your info, there is a thing such as .SAM files, MS office uses
them extensively, what they do for office I don't know.  Also
lmhosts.sam is located in the system32\drivers folder.  As you probably
know its just the sample lmhosts file.  But in the sense you were
talking about, your correct.

Jim