Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Download Managers

From: <Leonard.Ong () nokia com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:31:00 +0800

Hello,

Getright, like other download manager may include spyware, which only removable after registering it.  During the time
between the program installed and the actual registration period (ad removal), it is enough to pose a security risk.

Let see, you have downloaded the shareware and installed as a trial.  The spyware would be installed at this point of
time, and may or may not be removed.  it is depending on the vendor, if they are honestly providing removal
instruction, and/or if the spyware/trojan has done anything harmful before removed.

Leonard