Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: NAT and webcashing

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:42:25 +0530

On 10/01/03 00:55 -0000, snaqi wrote:
<snip>
Q: What is the relationship between NAT and WebCashing?
None at all really (web caching, the term is cache, also meaning reserve store).

Q: How can I run chatt applications and other dynamic sites to be stored in
webcash?
The cache shouldn't get in the way at all.

Q: Any url's for this solution using Linux?
www.squid-cache.org
Read the squid.conf file, its fairly well commented.

Q: Any inexpensive hardware box that can do all?
25 users, so 128Mb or more RAM, 8 GB or better *fast* harddisk.
The more RAM, the better.
Oh, and use a good pair of Intel NICs, I have seen RTL chipsets failing under
load.

Devdas Bhagat