Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: linux version

From: Frederik <frederik () padjen de>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:10:26 +0100

Hello,

I would suggest starting with a Redhat Professional distro, because there is
lots of documentation, a support, most drivers not in the kernel exist in a
rpm version that can be used, it has a lot of GUI control modules that may be
liked better than the shell by someone starting linux and coming from windows.
They are usually very quick on patches,too.
It runs up to mainframes,so scalability is quite good.
See here for more details:
http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/professional/

But basically it is most important what you feel comfortable with.If you like
the shell,you could also go for Debian which I like for its ease of
administration,but it will take more time if you're unfamiliar with Linux to
master.

Frederik