Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Where can i find a complete list of ip's and countries ou network ?

From: Rob Bernabe' <gojuka () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 10:54:24 -0800 (PST)

You can use the whois command to search for IP
addresses:

whois -h whois.arin.net <hostname here> or <company
name here>

This will give you the allocated IP addresses given by
ARIN for a specific organization. You can do a reverse
lookup also by using the IP address in the <hostname>
area and the company's name and allocated IP's will
get returned.

I dont think that countries are given blocks of IP's,
rather companies buy them.  So .co.jp (japanese) sites
can have a subnet under its american branch company.
Rob

PS - this is for a unix box, if u have any other OS,
they have web based tools available.
(http://www.arin.net)
--- Meritt James <meritt_james () bah com> wrote:
You may very well be out of luck.  Due to the
dynamic nature of all the
IPs (and the associated administrative difficulties
- it was a real paid
a decade and a half or so ago when we had to do
that!) and the immense
number of systems, we shifted to name servers years
ago.  You may wish
to try:

http://www.internic.net/

http://www.ms.mff.cuni.cz/cgi-bin/dns?SERVER=bsu.edu&DEF_SERV=Default+Server&DOMAIN=mff.cuni.cz&NAME=&IP=
http://www.arin.net

Or similar lookups for individual systems.  The
other way - countries to
assigned IPs - is much easier but significantly
smaller than what you
asked for.

Jim

Jefferson Costa wrote:

Hi everybody !

I'm lookingo for a web page or a document that
contain a list with ip's
in the world e it's respectives countries.

thks

--
James W. Meritt CISSP, CISA
Booz | Allen | Hamilton