Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Cisco Workaround (comment on actually using those protocols)

From: jamesworld () intelligencia com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:03:28 -0500

Then you would be having traffic of that type allowed in from untrusted sources. Your ACL's would be formed to only allow the explicit traffic from those explicit hosts. And rarely, would you have the traffic terminating on the interface or the IP address of the router, it'd be passed/routed along to the appropriate host(s). In those RARE exceptions where you would need to terminate them on the IP or interface of the router, again you would allow only trusted traffic using those protocols to terminate there.

And as far as the 'workaround' goes, it's fine you need to adjust it for your environment if you use those protocols of course. As far as the 'solution' goes, the solution is 100%, upgrade to the appropriate patched version.

FUD