Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Cisco Workaround

From: "Dozal, Tim" <tdozal () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:04:48 -0700

If you were running 12.1 or 12.2T or any other of the various flavors of
IOS this patch did not bring them all in line.  They all have different
feature sets so that "theory" doesn't make much sense.  That's like
saying a MS patch could make Win95, Win98, Win ME, Win2k all into a
single product with a patch.  I'm not an IOS guru but I can say that
this theory is pretty silly.  Nobody likes to find flaws in there
products, but it is the responsibility of a company if they do find a
flaw that could impact customers, to do everything in their power to fix
the problem.

Tim

(the above is my personal view, not that of the company btw)