Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Ten least secure programs

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:19:19 -0700

From: "Steve Bremer" <steveb () nebcoinc com>
Although it's track record has improved, I still think BIND has a place
in there somewhere.  It may not be quite top 10 though (still in the
SANS top 20).

I originally left it out because I didn't think there were any alternatives, but right now I'm exploring djbdns to see if it's a full replacement.

Another candidate would be the "r" services (rsh, rlogin, rcp, etc.)

Yeah, I added those, alot of people have mentioned them.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Encrypt everything, and ask questions later."

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm