Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing a Win2k DNS server outside firewall...

From: "Richard Parry" <richard () generic-edesign co uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:18:49 +0100

Mike,

You could just apply IP port blocking, I tend to only do this when the
machine has 2 network interfaces, one for the external WAN and one for
internal LAN administration (still with port blocking for additional
security), this way you can allow only port 53 to be open for the world.

Kind Regards,

Richard Parry
ZOOL Networks ( www.zoolnet.co.uk <http://www.zoolnet.co.uk/> )
Managed, Dedicated & Shared Hosting Solutions
Telephone: +44(0)1543 301003
Fax: +44(0)1543 416668
Mobile (Emergency): +44(0)7967 959740