Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ASP Pages

From: "wjnorth" <wjnorth () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:12:22 -0700

There is a way (I believe its good for both NetScrape and Internet
Exploder) to lock down view access to the source code of the site. I
can't remember how to do it, but I believe its either an HTML tag, or
it's a setting within IIS. If I find it I will pass it through,
otherwise do a search on disabling HTML source code, hopefully that will
pop up something.

Additionally, you can lockdown access within IIS so that everyone can
only read the page. Another option would be to patent your product, that
way anyone stealing it is breaking the law. Stupid-n-silly I know, but
if we want to go hyper technical I'm sure I can fish out some good IIS
lockdown guidelines.

Hth,

-Wes