Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Commercial Wireless access points

From: "Roland" <rolandv () xtra co nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:27:10 +1200

Some Tools that may be of some use:

AP Hopper
"AP Hopper is a program that automatically hops between access points of
different wireless networks. It checks for DHCP and Internet Access on all
the networks found. It logs successful and unsuccessful attempts."
http://aphopper.sourceforge.net/

bsd-airtools is a package that provides a complete toolset for wireless
802.11b auditing. Namely, it currently contains a bsd-based wep cracking
application, called dweputils (as well as kernel patches for NetBSD,
OpenBSD, and FreeBSD)."
  http://www.dachb0den.com/projects/bsd-airtools.html

"WEPCrack is a tool that cracks 802.11 WEP encryption keys using the latest
discovered weakness of RC4 key scheduling."
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wepcrack/

AirSnort is a wireless LAN (WLAN) tool which cracks encryption keys on
802.11b WEP networks. AirSnort operates by passively monitoring
transmissions, computing the encryption key when enough packets have been
gathered."
http://sourceforge.net/projects/airsnort/

Netstumbler
Scan and detect vulnerable wireless networks. Allows users to upload
findings to a searchable database
http://www.netstumbler.com/

Cheers,
Roland