Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: XP, Kerio, Explorer and IExplore

From: cnnpt42 () eml cc
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:18:21 -0800

get zonealarm or just use filemon or something

On 6 Mar 2003 20:25:01 -0000, "none none" <ilovetoshare () lycos com> said:

I'm not sure this is the right place, but here it goes:

- Last week I installed all available XP-updates via Windows-update
- I'm using Kerio Personal Firewall, latest version.

I'm used to the fact that Kerio detects Explorer and IExplore for their
TCP/UDP-access. Explorer isn't allowed anything; IExplore is allowed to
surf.

After the updates, IExplore does exist as an executable on drive C:.
However, it seems that IExplore start Explorer.
Both Kerio as Task Manager reports that Explorer is running after
starting
IExplore; there is no process running called IExplore.

So, now I have to enable Explorer for internet-access within Kerio.

Has anyone experience with this issue?