Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: GroupWise - Guinevere - Klez.H traffic Increase

From: "Mike Heitz" <mikeheitz () upshotmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:31:28 -0600

Eric,

That's pretty interesting mainly because I've noticed a definite decrease in the number of Klez hits on my scanning
gateway. Usually when I see a lot of hits it's because one of our vendors or clients has gotten infected and they have
pretty much everyone in my office listed in their address books. My "guess" is that you have something similar going on
here. Have you been able to determine if the hits are coming from specific email domains, or if they are coming from
sites all over?

Mike Heitz CCNA, MCP
Sr IT Manager