Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux/windows remote authentication

From: <brian_carpio () csgsystems com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:06:05 -0700 (MST)

One Word NIS now people on this list might tell you that NIS is a security
hole (well nis is try NIS+) hard to manage etc.. however I think it's
great!

Better yet try LDAP LDAP is better then NIS and NT supports it in a way
(active directory).  Plus LDAP is a lot more powerfull then NIS but harder
to configure in my opinion (maybe because I have worked with NIS soo long
it's second nature to setup a NIS environment) LDAP is the future however.

Brian Carpio
CSG Systems Inc.
Open Systems Unix System Admin

x3317