Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Privacy concerns and countermeasures

From: Fred Hoot <FredH () elibrium com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:22:55 -0800

Hi John,

4) About 2-1/2 years ago, I had some contact with a three ISP's concerning
some security issues.
They had between 60 and 90 days worth of log details that were helpful.  I
never personally saw the logs, but they were provided to one of the DOJ
agencies for comparison to my local logs.

1)  If you have been deemed to be of interest to an agency and are on their
radar, yes they can find out.  If you data is inadvertently captured during
an investigation of someone else, it will be probably be discarded, as there
is just too much data to be processed and too little resources to adequately
analyze it all.

Fred Hoot