Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Packet Generator

From: "Rapaille Max" <Max.Rapaille () nbb be>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:49:51 +0200

Ever tried Packet Excalibur fom www.securitybugware.org ?
Should do the trick..

Regards,

MAx

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Dunnebier [mailto:Martijn.Dunnebier () c-it nl]
Sent: vendredi 9 mai 2003 08:57
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Packet Generator

Hi all,

I'm searching for a packet generator that can make custom packets and send it over an ethernet netwerk. I want to test
my firewall and IDS system with this, so I'd like to switch the syn, syn/ack and ack flags on and off. If I can give
the packet a (custom) payload that would be really nice. I have a Windows based network and use a Windows 2000
workstation. I've searched the SecurityFocus archives and Googled around, but could not find anything that anwsers my
wishes (there are a lot of generators for *nix platforms, but not to much for Windows based systems). Any links or
directions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Martijn.

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case
studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics