Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: googling an IP address

From: "GSimmonds" <gsimmonds () primus ca>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:27:48 -0400

I see a lot of netbios ns hits in my fw log so I googled about a dozen
source addresses.
It was a mildly interesting hit and miss excercise.

One was cited as a spam source in news.admin.net-abuse.sightings, a few
others showed up in fw logs at mynetwatchman.com and other websites. And yet
another showed up in a spanish mailing list talking about how much they like
U2. :) but I had no luck finding cached referral pages as you described.

Speaking of Google.com and privacy, I dug up this site:
http://www.google-watch.org/
Something about databases of search results stored for some orwellian, Total
Information Awareness master plan.

Regards
Gary