Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tools to Analyse Logs in Checkpoint NG

From: Lachlan McGill <Lachlan.McGill () au logical com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:12:41 +1000

Check www.treachery.net/tools/

-----Original Message-----
From: E P [mailto:enda.purcell () cw com]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 May 2003 11:29 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody has or have come across any scripting tools

or good freeware package that can be used to analyse Checkpoint NG

Firewall Log files. I'm faced  with the task that I have several

firewalls

that I wish to produce reports on things like attack info from

Smartdefence, attacks, usage, top talkers and all that fancy stuff.

Hopefully

someone may have come across something that could be used or easily

modified to perform this rather than having to write my own scripts. I

have

looked in brief at WebTrends and I don't feel that it is granular

enough for what I want

thanks

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes:  Security +, Check Point,
Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register
Now!
--UP TO 30% off classes in select cities--
http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics