Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: LANguard vs Nessus

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 06 May 2003 16:02:53 -0700

Languard does not get updated as often and has missed stuff the Nessus has found.  I happen to like to use both.  I
think that they compliment each other.

--
Patrick S. Harper | CISSP MCSE
patrick () internetsecurityguru com

"If we aren't supposed to eat
animals, why are they made
of meat?"

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 22:46, Magnus Påhlsson wrote:

Greetings.

I've been using Nessus as network (in)security scanner for quite some
time and I'm happy with everything it can do. I am however curious how
LANguard compares to Nessus, what can LANg do that Nessus can't and vice
versa? The obvious difference is that LANg can deploy patches and my
question about that is; does it work and is it safe to use on 500+
computers?

regards,
Magnus

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case
studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics