Security Basics mailing list archives

Re[2]: Suggested "safe" password length

From: Vishal <dhrakol () myrealbox com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:14:18 -0500

Hi Simon

Monday, November 17, 2003, 5:36:24 AM, you wrote:

SG> Exactly true, this is why we don't use passwords we use peoples mobile
SG> phone's instead as a kind of token.

Interesting. Would you mind elaborating a little on this? I presume you don't
use people's mobile phone numbers as tokens, since they are often widely
known. Or, if you do, then you couple it with some other form of
authentication?

Cheers,

-Vishal

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027