Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux PPTP VPN server - can't map Windows shares/printers

From: NetNITCO Systems Administration <joshadmin () netnitco net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:37:44 -0600

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 15:24, Mitchell Rowton wrote:
If you don't see any drops at your firewall then think about MTU size.
Windows shares use large maximum segment sizes and are on of the first
symptoms when you introduce a new VPN.

My MTU setting in /etc/ppp/options.pptpd is currently set to 1450.  I
wouldn't imagine that this is too low, but as this is my first VPN
server, I'm open to suggestions.  However, I believe this to be a
problem with routing the appropriate data through the server.

Thanks,

--Josh