Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Pen test: which ones??

From: "Blake Wiedman [Icons]" <bwiedman () iconsinc com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:44:00 -0500

Exactly what does he mean by 'firewall security tests'  this could
include remote attempts to bypassing the firewall or querying inside
machines.  Or it could include reviewing the ACL's on the firewall it's
self.  As far as tools the only thing I utilize is hping2 or firewalker
for all of you die-hards out there.

Blake Wiedman
Icons Inc.
Security Technician