Security Basics mailing list archives

Network Security Architecture Training

From: Scott Seglie <svs62312000 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I am interested in opinions on network security
architecture training.  I currently have my CISA, GSEC
and CISSP.  The last two covered general security in
most areas.  I would like to know if there are any
suggested courses (approx. 1 week) that specifically
cover security architecture.  More along the lines of
logical network layout.  I was looking through the
SANS site and the closest I found might be
Firewall/Perimeter/VPN, but don't think that's focused
toward the actual network layout.  I have limited
hands on deployment of large networks.  Maybe
suggestions for training in just network architecture
courses would be helpful as well.

I know that the network layout most likely comes from
a variety of different courses, but wondering if there
were suggestions for one that puts it all together in
one training session.

Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations.