Security Basics mailing list archives

TCP Intercept

From: JGrimshaw () ASAP com
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:21:35 -0500

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, is there a way to use TCP Intercept with FTP transfers? I
am thinking that by the very nature of the beast, it does not.

With that in mind, what other TCP services should one avoid "protecting"
with TCP Intercept?  What is it best used for?  Cisco's web site is a
little sketchy.

I would like to use TCP Intercept to block DoS attacks against a public
range of addresses I oversee.  However, I have concerns that the TCP
Intercept isn't going to work in all occasions, and would prefer not to be
kicked out the door when something critical stops working because I
protected it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jeff