Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Anyone seen an ipv6 to ipv4 dll and vice versa?

From: "Dave Gilmore (Intrusense)" <dgilmore () intrusense com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:51:20 -0400

Hello,

I'm not certain, but I think you may be referring to one of the many
v4<->v6 tunneling clients out there. Freenet6 (http://www.freenet6.net)
is probably the most popular.

And yes, historically they've been used to bypass IDS, IPS and Honeypot
technology since support is either weak or non-existent at the moment.
There was a fairly lengthy thread on the Honeynet list several months
ago. See:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/sf/honeypots/2002-q4/0111.html
for more details.

Sincerely,