Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Icmps

From: "Nick Duda" <nduda () VistaPrint com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:27:37 -0400

Last week my honeypot got hit with a new morphed breed of mumu. Long
story short, it spreads by generating random IP's, then doing ICMP sweep
on them, indefinitely. If you'd like to see a detailed forensic writeup
on this new worm (new because I can't find docs on it, aside of mumu)
email me and I will send you the doc to compare with.

- Nick