Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Basic Network Configuration

From: "David Fore" <wdfore () ev1 net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:26:42 -0500

If you want to go one step farther, you can have 2 interfaces on your
DMZ stuff, then put another firewall before your LAN. You would not
necessarily have a connection between the 2 firewalls. More admin, but
some believe more secure.

Internet<------>Firewall             Firewall<------>LAN------Internet
Proxy
Mail Server
                           |     DMZ            |
DNS Server
                           |<->mail rly <->|

Regards,
David
PGP 0xA19B5C17 (pubkey: ldap://keyserver.pgp.com)